We know that dealing with domains, hosting and DNS can be a little overwhelming. Don’t worry! We are here to help you launch your new Showit 5 website and blog. The only thing you need to get started is a domain name. If you do not have your own domain name, we recommend purchasing one from Google. From there, the process of launching your Showit 5 site is determined by your current setup:
If you are switching to Showit 5 from a different service our team will handle connecting your domain to your Showit 5 website. If you currently have a blog hosted elsewhere, we will migrate that blog’s content to a Showit hosted WordPress blog.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to Site Settings and click to “Edit” the Custom Domain setting.
- Follow the prompts to submit your custom domain. Here are a few typical scenarios:
- Showit can configure your domain by following prompts
- If you need a blog migrated to our service you can follow the steps for submitting a migration request (Typically takes a few days to complete).
- You may also choose to configure your domain on your own if you don’t have a blog.
- Be sure to click Publish in Showit to get your site design ready to show online.
Over the next 24-48 hours our team will get everything setup and will contact you if any additional information is needed. Your website will not go offline during the setup process.
NOTE: Setups requiring Blog Migration to Showit may take longer to complete. Click here for more information on the Blog Migration process.
If you already use Showit Desktop for your website and do not have a blog, you can publish your Showit 5 site instantly:
- In Showit 5, click on Site Settings in the Site tab on the left.
- Choose your domain from the Publish Domain dropdown. Click Save.
- Click Publish.
Your new design should now be live on your website!