Photo galleries can be added easily to Showit 5 using the Gallery element, found in the second Add button at the bottom center of the screen.
However, if you want to add multiple image per slide and/or add text and other elements, you can accomplish this using Canvas Views. Here’s how to make it work:
- First, make sure you’re seeing the Page tab in the panel on the left, which will show you your list of Canvases and layers that make up your page
- Click on the canvas you want to add the images to.
- Click on the 3 dots to the right of the Canvas name and choose “Add Canvas View”
- You’ll then see the new Canvas View indicated by the folder icon.
- Choose images from your asset library to add to the stage. Add as many as you’d like to show at one time.
- Click on the 3 dots to the right of the Canvas View you just added and choose “Duplicate”
- Add or replace images in this new Canvas View for the second slide
- Continue this process until you have all the images you want to show in your portfolio.
- Next you’ll want to add navigation arrows to trigger the transitions betweens Canvas Views.
- Add an Icon to the stage by choosing the middle “Add” button at the bottom center of the stage and clicking “Icon”. This will add a circle to the stage. Then open the “Icon Chooser” panel on the right and choose an arrow icon you like. You can also change its color in the panel above it labeled “Icon Settings”.
- Resize and reposition the icon where you’d like it on the stage. Now, from the layers panel on the left, click and drag that icon up in the list to be above the all the Canvas Views. This will make the arrow always show above all the canvas views.
- Now, with the arrow still selected, open the “Click Actions” panel on the right. For “Link”, choose “Canvas”, then choose the name of your canvas, and for the View dropdown, choose “Next”. This will tell the Canvas Views to switch when the arrow is clicked.
- Click Preview and see how it looks.
I know this may seem like a lot, but once you get the hang of it, there’s a lot of cool stuff you’ll be able to create.